(Seriously what a week! This has been sitting ready to go, I may have forgot to hit post)
What a week! We are home from our Mexican Vacation, and I am finally caught up on laundry, and believe it or not it is all washed AND put away (this is a weekly struggle for me)! While we had a great week away I am happy to be home with my girls and dogs and getting back to the swing of life!!
BUT before my memories fade, just like my tan, I thought I would post my favourite things about this trip!
- Time with the hubs! This was something I most looked forward too!! The fall is a busy time for Josh at work, so quality time doesn’t happen as often as it does during other seasons. It was nice to just be able to have the whole week to focus on each other! We were able to relax and not worry about the kids, knowing that they were having fun and in great hands all week ! ( thanks mom and dad)
2. FOOD! It is no secret I LOVE food, I LOVE cooking and being in the kitchen, but a week of not worrying about meals was amazing!! The food selections were also amazing! I indulged on a lot of chips, guac and salsa verde, but the à la carteès were great at night too! Zero food complaints on my part!
3. Relaxing! I loved being able to lounge and sit pool side! I was able to finish a whole book, Why Not Me? I have mad love for Mindy Kaling!! I also almost finished an audio book, Born to Run, this book is so inspiring!! Read it, listen to it if you haven’t yet!
4. Watching the sunrise! I’m not normally a morning person, but we made sure to wake up early enough to to sit on our balcony, enjoy room service breakfast and watch amazing sunrises. God sure knew what He was doing when He created the earth!
5. Adventures! We decided as a group to do one excursion, there were so many to choose from we could have filled our week with activities but we really just wanted to relax. We decided to do the “jet boat jungle tour” which ended with snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea! The jet boat was lots of fun! But it was raining and felt like we were being pelted with stones! I had to cover my face, but I still loved it! The jet skis were a little sketchy, but it was nice to tour through the mangroves and enjoy the view with josh! Then the snorkeling, I want to tell you it was so amazing and magical but I cant! As soon as I got into the water into the marked off zone a fish swam right into me, and I couldn’t handle it. I tried to ignore the fish swimming on the top to see the beautiful coloured ones in the reef but they kept touching me and to be honest swimming with fish is one of my big fears!! I swam back to the jet skis and enjoyed watching the others enjoy their time!
6. Workout partners! I normally hit the gym alone, and run alone ( unless you count Gatsby) so it was really nice to go the gym and have guided workouts with josh! Let me tell you I was sore for days! Something about working out with your husband, it’s a real relationship booster!
If you are on the fence about leaving your kids behind and heading for vacation with your husband I would totally recommend it!! It really helps your remember why you married him and is such a great way to better your marriage!!